What services does Samaritan House provide?
- Food Services: Kitchen, food pantry, mobile meals, produce mobile, Family Harvest, Kid’s Lunch program and more
- Shelter: Emergency, short-term and transitional housing
- Health Services: Free primary and specialty medical, dental and vision care
- Kid’s Closet: Free clothes; books; bikes and bike helmets; backpacks filled with school supplies; and a Summer Reading Program for children and their parents
- Worker Resource Center: Location where temporary workers and employers meet to fill one-time job opportunities
- Case management and counseling: Evaluation and assistance with financial, health, educational, housing, and basic needs
- Housing Services
- Homelessness prevention
- Housing placement and stabilization
- Financial empowerment: financial survival skills and personal coaching
- Holiday Programs: Holiday food, toys, books and warm coats program, holiday sponsorship of families and seniors
How do I register to receive assistance from Samaritan House?
- To receive assistance from Samaritan House programs, individuals first meet with one of our bilingual case workers. Please call our Client Services department at (650)347-3648 if you would like to make an appointment.
How can I volunteer at Samaritan House?
Volunteers are welcome in all of our programs. Please click HERE for a list of current openings for individuals and to fill out the volunteer application form.
How can my company get involved running a drive or volunteering as a group?
Please click HERE for details on how your organization can get involved and to fill out the group application form.
What is Samaritan House’s annual operating budget?
$11.6 million for FY 15/16. Please visit our Financial and Annual Reports Page for more details on our budget.
How many employees work for Samaritan House?
Samaritan House has 51 full-time and 31 part-time employees. Some of these positions are seasonal.
How is my donation dollar spent?
If you give us $1.00, 87 cents are spent on programs, 6.5 cents on administration and 6.5 cents on fundraising. We are a Charity Navigator four-star charity as well as a GuideStar Gold level participant.
I have items to donate, what do you accept?
For a comprehensive list of currently needed items, please visit our wish list.