A Better Tomorrow Starts Now
Samaritan House’s Plan to Lift Up the Working Poor During COVID-19
In the past year, more than 23,000 people have turned to us for help. That’s 8,000 more than the year before. As the central anti-poverty organization for San Mateo County, we are trusted, experienced, and uniquely positioned to care for our community NOW, in the wake of COVID-19.
That’s why we’ve launched A Better Tomorrow Starts Now, a campaign to raise the $1,250,000 needed to meet the surge in demand for our services.
The Plan to Lift Up Our Community during COVID-19
1. We Will Keep Hardworking Individuals and Families Housed
2. We Will Keep Families Nourished with Healthy Food
3. We Will Keep the Uninsured Healthy with Comprehensive Preventative Medical Care
4. We Will Provide Safe Shelter for the Homeless
5. Together, We Will Strengthen Our Community
For the security guard sleeping in his car. Or the teacher whose emergency room visit put her a month behind on rent. Or the mom working three jobs to make sure her kids have food. For all who are struggling to make ends meet, Samaritan House will be here to help. For over 45 years, we have connected the working poor to the resources they need to remain a healthy and stable part of our community.
Your support now will help our community heal today and emerge stronger tomorrow.