The number of children signed up for our backpack giveaway has increased and we are urgently seeing Back-to-School backpacks, school supplies, and school shoes! Donate backpacks, school supplies and/or school shoes for 900 local children living in poverty. Giving the gift of a backpack or a pair of shoes may seem like such a simple thing to do, but it can mean the world to a child whose parents may not even be able to pay the rent or pay a utility bill. Your gift will enable a child to walk into a classroom with confidence, the tools they need to be successful in a learning environment and a feeling of belonging with their classmates.
5 Ways You Can Help:
- Run your own donation drive. We will provide you with a tool kit to help make the drive easy and fun. Start by CLICKING HERE and filling out a drive form.
- $50 pays for two backpacks filled with supplies. Donate now –>
- Click here to purchase through the designated 2016 Back-to-School Backpack Drive Wish List on Amazon and have your donation shipped directly to the organization.
- Donate $15 Payless shoe gift cards
- Donate backpacks and school supplies
Where to bring items?
Donations can be dropped off at to Samaritan House at 4031 Pacific Blvd., San Mateo, CA 94403 3rd floor by Friday, July 29.
For more information, please the “How You Can Help” page on our website: www.samaritanhousesanmateo.org or contact: Carol Laughlin, Director of Volunteers, firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosie Coleridge, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com.