Samaritan House Service Update
Samaritan House, the Lead Core Agency in San Mateo County, will be open and providing essential services to low-income County residents as long as circumstances permit.
All Food & Nutrition, Free Clinic, Case Management (including rental and utility assistance, etc.), Coordinated Entry System for Homelessness Diversion & Placement, and the Safe Harbor Homeless Shelter are operating, although some access or availability may be restricted.
Please call 1 (650) 347-3648 first to see how to access these programs and for health screening before entering.
Samaritan House will continue to provide “backbone” services to partner agencies throughout San Mateo County, including the disbursement of assistance funding through the Core Agency Network.
RIGHT NOW WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- If you are able to volunteer with food preparation and/or transport, contact email@example.com. Please be patient with the time it takes to respond to you, as volume is high and staffing is low.
- Donate! Due to postponement of our Main Event fundraiser and extra demand on services, we need your financial help. Go to www.samaritanhousesanmateo.org/donate on the Web to donate right now.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT DONATIONS OF UNWRAPPED FOOD OR CLOTHING AT THIS TIME. CURRENTLY, THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ACCEPTING AND URGENTLY NEED:
- Pre-packaged food
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Sleeping bags
- Toiletries (especially soap and hand sanitizer)
- Baby wipes
- Baby food
- Cases of water
- Cleaning products (especially sanitizing wipes)
- Mobile Meals to homebound seniors and folks with disabilities will continue as long as we have drivers, but they will not make direct contact with clients.
- Dining Room at the Masonic Hall in San Mateo will provide only takeout meals. (These meals will available for pick up from the Samaritan House vehicle outside of the Masonic Hall)
- Food Pharmacies at San Mateo and Redwood City Clinics remain open to regular patients. (These items will be pre-packed for pick up).
- Food Pantry in San Mateo is open, but all food will be pre-packaged and picked up through drive-thru.
San Mateo and Redwood City Free Clinics: Open on limited basis. Please call first for health screening: Redwood City Clinic: 650-839-1447; San Mateo Clinic 650-578-0400. Non-essential medical or dental services are not open at this time.
Client Services in San Mateo, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park: Appointments and interviews are conducted through phone. Open on a limited basis for rental, utility and other financial assistance, case management and referrals, including access to Pantry: please call first for health screening and instructions.
San Mateo: (650) 347-3648
East Palo Alto & Menlo Park: (650) 294-4312
Kids Closet: Closed until further notice. If you need diapers, they will be available on a limited basis through the Food Pantry.
Worker Resource Center: Closed until further notice.
VITA Tax Service: Closed until further notice.
GOVERNMENT, SCHOOL AND NONPROFIT AGENCIES HAVING QUESTIONS SHOULD CONTACT LAURA BENT, COO, AT 650-766-5234.
We will do all we can while the emergency lasts. Please be patient with our limits, as many services have to be managed remotely. We are all in this together!
Bart A. Charlow, CEO