Public Notice about Covid-19 (“novel coronavirus”)
Even if you are vaccinated, you must wear a mask and socially distance.
Updates and News:
- Kids Closet has reopened on a limited, pre-packaged basis. Right now we can only accept new clothing. If you need clothes, please contact your case manager. Longer term volunteers welcome!
- There is an eviction moratorium in effect to prevent you from becoming homeless due to Covid-19. If you are experiencing pressure from a landlord to pay rent in full or to leave your home, let our case managers know and we will help you connect with legal resources if necessary.
- NO ONE NEED GO HUNGRY! Food insecurity has almost tripled in our county, but there is enough food and many ways to help you or anyone you know who may not have enough to eat.
- Worker Resource Center is open for business on an outdoor only format.
- We still need volunteers and donations!
Notes on your and our safety:
Samaritan House takes the safety and well-being of all involved with our organization seriously: staff, volunteers, clients and the community at large. We are continuing the protocols below.
We want to ensure that we do what we can to continue services, and we ask for your patience with extra precautions for the sake of all of us. We will provide alternative work or service arrangements wherever possible.
Compliance with Authorities:
In the event that you are considered to have been exposed to the virus, follow the directions of the Health authorities regarding: disclosure of contacts, testing, precautions, quarantine and treatment as directed.
If you think you have been exposed or have symptoms please contact your physician for directions. Do NOT come to any of our facilities!
We will follow the advisories applicable to our activities and facilities of the Centers for Disease Control, San Mateo County Dept. of Health, and the San Mateo County Human Services Agency as these change over time.
Screening: Patients calling in to the Clinics and clients calling in to schedule any other services will be routinely asked if they are experiencing any respiratory symptoms. If they indicate that they are, we will follow the procedures for alternative delivery of services, rather than permitting them to enter our facilities or locations.
Face Coverings and Social Distancing are required at all our facilities for everyone.
Direction to clients, staff and volunteers:
If you are ill, for everyone’s protection, please stay home! Then follow these instructions.
- Volunteers: please call the Volunteer Dept. for direction as to how to proceed.
- Staff: please call your supervisor AND the HR Director for directions regarding alternative work arrangements.
- Patients or clients: if you arrive coughing or otherwise showing coronavirus symptoms, you may be asked politely to leave or be isolated from other people while here.
- Patients of our Free Clinics: please call the Clinic first for screening. They will ask you some questions and give you directions for how to receive needed services
- Clients of our Case Management services: If you are directed not to come to our facilities, your questions can be answered over the phone and online. You can also designate another person in writing to deliver documents.
- Clients of our Case Management services in East Palo Alto & Menlo Park: Please call before coming to our office. Your questions can be answered over the phone or email, email@example.com, and there is a safe drop off box at the office door that you can use when we are present to deliver documents.
- Diners arriving at our Dining Room: There is no indoor dining allowed at this time. You will be supplied with take-away containers of food, and if you appear to be ill or are coughing and politely directed to go home.
- Pantry and Food Pharmacy Clients: You can use our drive-through delivery during regular hours at the Pacific Blvd. location. If you cannot use the drive-through but are not quarantined, your food can be distributed as needed and delivered to you by someone you let us know you designate.
- Clients of Mobile Meals: You must inform us if you are quarantined. If clients are quarantined, Mobile Meals delivery will cease until the client is cleared by the authorities.
- Coordinated Entry System clients: Your questions can be answered by phone or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may designate someone else to deliver your documents if you cannot do so.
Signage: All programs/facilities have prominently posted Covid-19 Precautions signs.
Safe Serve Procedures: Staff and volunteers in every Food Program (Kitchen, Pantry, Dining Room, Food Pharmacy, etc.) or operation handling foods for distribution will be following Safe Serve Procedures. Mobile Meals drivers will follow a “ring doorbell and leave” procedure, rather than extending contact with clients.
Sanitization: Extra precautions and procedures are implemented to reduce exposure at all our facilities.
Thanks to all for your patience and diligence during this community health emergency.
Bart A. Charlow, CEO
Please click here to learn more about how we are shifting our services.