Public Notice about Covid-19 (“novel coronavirus”)
Samaritan House takes the safety and well-being of all involved with our organization seriously: staff, volunteers, clients and the community at large. We are immediately instituting the protocols below.
We want to ensure that we do what we can to continue services, and we ask for your patience with extra precautions for the sake of all of us. We will provide alternative work or service arrangements wherever possible.
Compliance with Authorities:
In the event that you are considered to have been exposed to the virus, follow the directions of the Health authorities regarding: disclosure of contacts, testing, precautions, quarantine and treatment as directed.
If you think you have been exposed or have symptoms please contact your physician for directions.
We will follow the advisories applicable to our activities and facilities of the Centers for Disease Control, San Mateo County Dept. of Health, and the San Mateo County Human Services Agency.
Screening: Patients calling in to the Clinics and clients calling in to schedule any other services will be routinely asked if they are experiencing any respiratory symptoms. If they indicate that they are, we will follow the procedures for alternative delivery of services, rather than permitting them to enter our facilities or locations.
Direction to clients, staff and volunteers:
If you are ill, for everyone’s protection, please stay home! Then follow these instructions.
- Volunteers: please call the Volunteer Dept. for direction as to how to proceed.
- Staff: please call your supervisor AND the HR Director for directions regarding alternative work arrangements.
- Patients or clients: if you arrive coughing or otherwise showing coronavirus symptoms, you may be asked politely to leave or be isolated from other people while here.
- Patients of our Free Clinics: please call the Clinic first for screening. They will ask you some questions and give you directions for how to receive needed services
- Clients of our Case Management services: if you are directed not to come to our facilities your issues can managed over the phone and by a person that you designate in writing to deliver documents.
- Diners arriving at our Dining Room: if you appear to be ill or are coughing you will be kept away from food areas, supplied with take-away containers of food, and politely directed to go home.
- Pantry clients: if you are asked not to come in, but are not quarantined, your food can be distributed as needed and delivered to you by your designee. If clients are quarantined, Mobile Meals delivery will cease until the client is cleared by the authorities.
- Shelter or Coordinated Entry System clients: special procedures for you are under development.
Sanitization: Extra precautions and procedures are implemented to reduce exposure at all our facilities.
Signage: All programs/facilities have prominently posted Covid-19 Precautions signs.
Safe Serve Procedures: Staff and volunteers in every Food Program (Kitchen, Pantry, Dining Room, Food Pharmacy, etc.) or operation handling foods for distribution will be following Safe Serve Procedures. Mobile Meals drivers will follow a “ring doorbell and leave” procedure, rather than extending contact with clients.
Thanks to all for your patience and diligence during this community health emergency.
Bart A. Charlow, CEO
Please click here to learn more about how we are shifting our services.