Every year, we honor volunteers who have shown exemplary effort in support of Samaritan House’s programs at our annual Volunteer Recognition Event. This year, the Sammy Award winners were treated to a special gift from Ruby Kaho, Kitchen Manager for Samaritan House. Before the event, Ruby created handmade Hawaiian leis for each Sammy recipient. The leis were then handed out at the event by a local Boy Scout troop.
Sammy Awards in 18 program categories honored volunteers who have shown exemplary effort in support of Samaritan House’s programs and services:
• Administration – Louise Delafield
• Bread Basket – Trader Joe’s team
• Client Services – Mary Lynn Ruiz
• Dining Room – Chris O’Leary
• Finance/Development – City Auction Crew
• Food Pantry – Ana Maria Jackson & Paula Corona (Kelly Award)
• Holiday Program – Saia (George) Bourke
• Kids’ Closet – Susan Campo
Every year at our volunteer event, we present our highest honor, the Kelly Award, to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer service to our agency. This year, the award was given to 2 volunteers – sisters Ana Maria Jackson and Paula Corona.
Ana Maria and Paula have been volunteering with us for over 10 years, and can be seen 3 days a week handing out groceries to families in our Pantry. We recently interviewed the 2 about their experience (http://bit.ly/SH_Pantry).
Congratulations to our 2013 Sammy Award winners, and thank you for all you do!