TODAY ONLY — Samaritan House will be a part of a unique online event: Silicon Valley Gives.
Hosted by the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Silicon Valley Gives (SV Gives) is a 24 hour day of online giving. Last year over 600 nonprofits in Silicon Valley raised over $8 million dollars! This year- Samaritan House has received a matching grant, which means that every dollar you donate will be matched dollar for dollar up to $10,000!
Nearly every day, a San Mateo County resident walks through one of Samaritan House’s doors with the hope that they can prevent an imminent housing crisis for their family or themselves. Sometimes it’s too late and they are homeless — and feeling hopeless.
It only takes a single incident of a job loss or a medical emergency to start a cascade of unfortunate circumstances which result in homelessness. So we provide intensive case management to assess not just the family’s crisis need, but all of their needs, such as: food, healthcare, utility or rental assistance, clothing for children and even someone to simply listen.
Did You Know?
- Samaritan House is a comprehensive service, community benefit organization serving more than 12,000 people annually across San Mateo County
- The number one reason people come to Samaritan House is for rental/housing assistance
- About half of the residents at our Safe Harbor Homeless Shelter are working adults. The remaining residents are no longer able to work because they are elderly or living with an illness or a disability
- Safe Harbor Shelter provided 32,695 nights of safe, warm sleep to San Mateo County’s homeless in 2014-15.
- Samaritan House facilitated funds totaling $1,676,442* to keep more than 800 families in their homes with heat and lights turned on in 2014-15. *Thanks to the support of the San Francisco Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund, the State and County.
Samaritan House brings a new level of hope, dignity, and empowerment to people living in poverty by fulfilling their immediate needs and guiding them towards self-reliance.
70% of our resources come from private funding including individuals like you. This support is critical to help individuals and families avoid the suffering caused by homelessness, hunger and lack of access to basic necessities.
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Thank you for your contributions to help avert a crisis for individuals & families in need in San Mateo County.